Having so much fun skating lately. Not because of skating itself, but of all the fun things, friendship, so and so. Indeed, I'm getting more and more lazy and inpatient in practising, but on the other hand, more and more keen on seeing friends and chatting in the rink. Don't know if it's a good thing or not. Anyway, I still enjoy skating a lot.
Backward Crossovers -
Practised backward crossovers figure 8. Not much progress. Seems like it's still the same. Still fall from time to time.
Forward Crossovers -
Getting better doing crossovers at the perimeter of the rink instead of just in a small circle. Still tend to point the toe pick down after crossing over.
Haven't practised the clockwise crossovers for a while.
Oh, well, I really gotta practise more on my basics.
Waltz Jump -
Have Andy checked on my position. After doing several small jumps, he said I've improved a little on the take off. He gave me 70 out of 100. I know he's way too generous.
Andy told me to bend my knee upon landing. It helps a great deal in securing the landing.
We tried entering the jump from a Mohawk instead of a 3-turn. He said it looks nicer that way though I couldn't tell the difference. I just know it's harder since I still need more practice on my Mohawk.
1-Foot-Spin -
Sometimes I can hit that "sweet spot", that feeling was so good, I'd just rotate naturally, almost effortless. But I can't most of the time. I have to practise more in getting right on the "sweet spot" everytime. I'm indeed very frustrated now. How come I just can't do it? Just can't. The times that I could do it was more like merely out of luck. It's very frustrating.
Then on top of the pivot entry, Andy added a T-position entry. I just can't do it. Am I way too stupid or what? Sorry, Andy, I know you've been very patient. [sigh] I'll practise more. But somehow I just wonder if it ever helps practising more if I just can't do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment