Friday, January 25, 2008

Lesson 20

Thank you Andy, for your encouragement. I'm feeling much better now, knowing I'm not too stupid, but indeed above average, as you've put it. Thank you so much, and you're great too. I don't care what other people said, to me, you're a good coach. :)
Thank you Jeffrey too. Haha..... for thinking I'm younger than you and Andy. I think I'm at least 8-9 years older than you guys. But thanks for the compliment. :P

LFO3 turn + Landing -
Reviewed it. I thought I could do it though not smooth, but during the lesson, just figured I couldn't quite do it when I was restrained in a tight circle. It's all about edging. Thus I went back to practise more on my forward outside edges. Well, but indeed, it's backward outside and inside that I need to practise. But I think I haven't learned it officially.

One-Foot Spin -
Getting better and better, though slow, but I think I do get better.
Learned the crossed leg position. It was actually easier than holding my free leg out. Yea, it's all about practice, practice, practice.

Waltz Jump -
The position is OK, I guess. I just need to add more power to it. So Andy wanted me to add more speed, i.e. accelerate a little before entering to the Mohawk. So I spent quite some time after lesson to practise a "moving Mohawk" along the perimeter. I think I'm getting better, but yet to do it faster and more steady.

That's it for Lesson 20. Oh, well, a lot to practise.

No comments: