Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lesson 21

Andy is always on the phone! Is he managing his other job? I was almost pissed at a point. But, well, I just practised myself then. Then I remembered how I was always on the phone in the last couple months in PA. Was John pissed? Anyway, I hope he's doing fine. He seemed like he was not only always on the phone, but kinda worried/ irritated, whatever you name it. Sometimes I wanna know more about him. Just like how Ben always talks to Sally and Eva about himself, more like friends. But he is who he is. I still think he's a good coach. Just let it be.

Waltz Jump -
Tried hard to do a moving Mohawk, but the more I tried, the weirder it got. Thus I had to go back to make it slower and cleaner with every single move. Andy wanted me to keep a more steady pace, even it means it'll be a slower pace. Feels like it's getting a little better. I gotta go back to try many of it until I can make it steady, then I'll make it faster and higher.

One-Foot-Spin -
Still very inconsistent, but getting better and better now. I can hold my free leg up higher and longer, and I kinda found the trick for the position to hold my free leg longer, it really makes a difference, but it's indeed easier to understand by theory than really doing it.

Toe-Loop -
Let me call it a cheated toe-loop, or a toe-waltz. Have been practising on the rail. I'm just afraid I'll get used to doing a toe-waltz and won't be able to develop it into a real toe-loop. Well, I saw Ben taught his students the same way, and saw some other youtube video with ppl doing toe-waltz and call it a toe-loop. Seems like it's the learning process.

No comments: