Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lesson 16

IT WAS SO PACKED TODAY!!!!!
Arrived at around 3. At 3:30, I decided I'd just give up and read the novel instead. Glad that I did bring Persuasion with me. Then at 4:30, went back out to the rink again. Oh, no, it was more like walking on a snowy road, flaky all over the place.
Andy said he'd just give me a free lesson today since he was late. Feeling bad since he always gives me extended lessons. But indeed it's just up to me to inform the office or not. I'd just leave it as a paid lesson, nobody knows. :)
So today, since the rink was packed and the surface not too good, I was not up to the mood.
As if Andy has read my list of items to be refined, we did forward crossovers on both sides. Still need a lot of works on my clockwise one.
Then prolonged LFO3 turn & RFO3 turn. No problem on the LFO3 one. But it was only when Andy was holding me, I could do the prolonged RFO3 turn.
Then we did something I don't even know how to name it. It was like LFO3, then a sideway bunny hop or something, followed by a RFO3, and then a sideway hop again. It was really tricky. So we just did something looking like how you measure distance from a map with a compass. Swang around w/ one foot fixed on the ice, then swang in another direction w/ another foot.
Forward outside and inside edges at last. Once again, w/ fear of my former fall, I could only do them when Andy gave me a hand.

Alright, my goal before the next lesson.
LFO3 & RFO3 - at least covering half of a circle.
Clockwise Forward Crossovers - steady w/ my free leg raising up high and my waist straight.
Forward outside and inside edges - not asking for too much now, as long as I can make it looks more like it.
Waltz jump - more speed, more height.
1-foot-spin - well...... maybe I'll try a couple, but will just leave it for now.

No comments: