Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Today at practice

Wow, I've written so much today. Oh well, better write them down before I forget any. It was today's practice urged me to keep a skating journal. Here's a list of items I have to refine.

Forward Crossovers -
counterclockwise: make it fast and clean. lean lower towards the center. spiraling into and away from the center with ease.
clockwise: make it steady. raise my left foot higher with each stroke. use the whole blade instead of weighing on the toepick.
alternating foot: I guess I saw someone did it, haven't tried it yet.

Backward Crossovers -
counterclockwise & clockwise: make it fast and steady. use the whole blade.
figure 8: same as above.
alternating foot: oh well, haven't tried it yet by myself.

LFO 3 Turn -
prolong gliding before making the turn. next goal would be doing it with momentum instead of a standstill position.

RFO 3 Turn -
make it smoother, it's too abrupt now. prolong gliding before making the turn.

LFI & RFI 3 Turns -
Still need more practice.

L & R Mohawk -
smoother and faster. still have no idea when I would need them. how they would link to other moves.

Forward Outside Edges -
fast and steady. I fell a big time doing it last month, gotta get it back on track without fear.

Forward Inside Edges -
have I even learned it yet?

Snowplow stop -
stop in a snap.

1-foot-spin -
I can't do it. :( How come? I thought I got it already, but.......

waltz jump -
Oh, yea, getting better. make it faster, higher, more steady and more consistent.

half-flip jump -
still can't quite bring my right foot straight out, straight down after the 3-turn entry.

No comments: