I started my very first lesson on Sept 5, 2007, at 11am. To tell the truth, I was so excited that I hardly felt asleep the night before. I guess I slept for about 4 hours in total.
Arrived at around 10:45, the rink was almost empty except for a couple mantainence guys, the skatecop and one more skater.
My coach, Andy Chan arrived. Well, I had a whole bunch of imaginations of him beforehand. I knew nothing about him except a photo in the skating school's website. Would he be mean? Would he yell at me? Would he be reluctant to teach such a stupid over-age?........ turned out, he was pretty nice.
So what I learned from my first lesson?
One foot glide - Andy told me it'd help me to glide faster; however, I just felt the tension building up on my feet trying to stay upright.
Forward swizzle - Wait a minute, I thought that I knew how to do it, but sorry, no. Gotta re-learn.
Snowplow stop - Yes, I have to know how to stop. Andy said it's not an easy task. Some would learn it in 10 lessons, yet some in 1. He said I could probably learned in 2. Did it mean that he didn't think I was stupid? Or he was just trying to be nice in the first lesson? Anyway, I'd just take it, and added to my confidence level.
30 minutes passed swiftly. I stayed in the rink to practice. Yea, snowplow stop was pretty tricky. Didn't quite get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment